Mexican-style Prawn and Avocado Salad
Enjoy this delicious Mexican-style prawn and avocado salad which is served cold and has lot of nutritional value.
- 1 corn cob, husk removed
- 24 green king prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
Step 1 Barbecue or chargrill corn over medium-high heat for 8–10 minutes, turning, until charred and tender. Transfer to a plate to cool. Once cool, use a sharp knife to remove kernels.
Step 2 Chargrill prawns, turning, for 4–5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Step 3 Whisk chilli sauce, juice and garlic together in a small jug. Place corn, lettuce, tomatoes, capsicums, beans, onion and avocado into a large bowl and toss to combine.
Step 4 Top salad with prawns and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with coriander before serving.