Smaller versions of these filo rolls served with guacamole on the side are the perfect, substantial party finger food.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 450g chicken mince
- 1/3 cup 97% fat-free semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup grated light tasty cheese
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 large avocado, stone and skin removed
- 1/4 cup extra light sour cream
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken mince and cook, stirring often, for 8–10 minutes or until browned and liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, corn, beans and cheese.
Step 2 Place 1 sheet of filo onto a flat surface. Spray with olive oil and cover with another sheet of filo. Fold in half, short end to short end (so it almost makes a square). Spoon 2/3 cupfuls of mince mixture onto short edge, leaving a 5cm border on each side. Fold sides over filling and roll pastry. Place rolls onto prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp.
Step 3 Place avocado and sour cream into a bowl. Mash well with a fork. Serve with filo rolls.
- Recipe by: Dixie Elliott