Low-fat hoisin chicken and noodles is delicious healthy and easy to make recipe to tickle your tastebuds for a delectable treat.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or use dry sherry)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, each cut lengthwise into 4 thin fillets (8 thin fillets total)
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
Step 1 Mix together hoisin, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and ginger in a small bowl. Place chicken in a shallow non-metallic dish and coat with half the sauce mixture. Cover and marinate for 10–15 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions, adding carrot and snow peas in the last minute of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
Step 3 Preheat a chargrill pan to high and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side, until cooked through. Remove and cool slightly before cutting each slice in half.
Step 4 Coat noodles, vegetables and baby spinach with remaining marinade and toss to combine. Divide noodles and veg between serving bowls, top with chicken and garnish with green onions.