Chickpea and Tomato Curry
Enjoy luscious tangy taste of Chickpea and tomato curry here in this simple recipe.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g can chickpeas
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
Step 1 Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and fry until golden. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and chilli powder and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Step 2 Add chickpeas and tomatoes to pan. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Add ginger and stir well. Serve hot, garnished with coriander.