Try this nutrient packed Chicken potato patties recipe served with bean and avocado salad which is quick to make and tastes good.
- 500g potato, cooked, then mashed with 1/3 cup skim milk
- 2 x 200g skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 2 medium red capsicums, deseeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, to dress salad
Step 1 In a large bowl, combine mashed potato, chicken, chives and half the lemon zest. Mix until well combined, then use wet hands to shape into 12 palm-sized round patties.
Step 2 Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Cook patties, turning once, until warmed through and golden brown on both sides.
Step 3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine remaining ingredients to make bean and avocado salad. Dress with lime juice. Set aside.
Step 4 Divide patties between 4 plates, garnish with chopped chives, remaining lemon zest and serve with salad.